Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sunday at 7:00pm

That's when I get induced. I know crazy right?? Let me explain how it all came about.

On Monday I had my 37 week appointment and they found some protein in my urine. I also had high blood pressure. So they scheduled an appointment for me to get my bp checked on Thursday. Well on Tuesday I decided to go in and get my bp checked just to ease my mind. Turns out it was a whopping 152/115 and stayed that way for 2 hours so I was then admitted to Triage. I was hooked up to all the monitors and lab came to do some tests. Lab results came back fine, but the bp was still high so they put me on a bp medication and sent me on my way. Oh, but not before telling me that I need to do a 24 hour urine sample.

So Thursday comes around and I go for my scheduled bp check - 132/100. Still high, but lower than it was. I called it in to the dr and waited for them to call.

Friday comes and around 2 pm the nurse finally calls me back and tells me that my 24 hr urine sample came back with protein in it and that I would need to be induced. So Sunday at 7 pm my husband and I will be checking into the Birthing Center preparing for the arrival of our son.

We're both extremely excited and scared at the same time. I can only pray that things go well and that we'll all be safe.

7 comments:

  1. So exciting...Good Luck! We'll be keeping you in our thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see pictures of your little one! Good luck tonight :) We'll all be thinking of you.

    ~Sare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck today! Can't wait to see pics and updates on the board :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck, hon! cannot wait to see pics of the lil guy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck tonight! Cannot wait to see pictures of your little man :)

    ReplyDelete