Friday, May 29, 2009

Appointment update

Yesterday was my 24 week appointment and all went well. Babies heartrate was 150 bpm. He actually kicked the dr. and his face lit up like a little school girl. Now I'm sure that's not the first time that has happened. I gained a whoppin 6 lbs last month, but he said that is normal considering how much I grew. He still continues to call me petite so that makes me happy. He said the normal weight gain from here on out is 3-4 lbs a month. I figure if I go at that rate then I'll only gain 25 lbs total. I'de be ok with that.

We attened the Baby Care Basics class last night too. It wasn't anything special, but fairly informative. We learned about all the vaccinations babies get and what they do with the baby right after it is born. Then we practiced swaddling, bathing and burping doll babies. Afterwards we got a tour of the rooms where delivery will happen. Tim feels much more comfortable now because he was so worried he wouldn't know where to go on the big day. The rooms are huge and include a pull out couch, flat screen tv, ipod hookup, dvd, fridge and jetted showers. I have my glucose test in 3 weeks (which I thought was going to happen this past appt) and then I'm in every 2 weeks after that. WOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment