Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Glucose Test

Yesterday I went in for my 1 hour glucose test. First off the stuff you have to drink isn't as bad as I thought. Like everyone else, I compare it to an orange soda. Thank goodness it was cold because warm would have been nasty.

Big thanks to my mom for going to the appointment with me too. She got to hear the heartbeat and get a tour of the birthing center.

Anyways, come to find out I failed my 1 hour test. I needed to have a 140 and got a 142. So tomorrow morning I have an appointment to get my 3 hour test (yes 3 hours!!). They draw my blood every every and I have to fast for 12 hrs before. I'm going to be starving going into this appointment. If I pass I'm in the clear, if I fail then I'll get diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I only pray that I pass. After doing some research on it last night I'm a little freaked out. I'de have to go on a special diet, test my blood sugar several times a day and maybe even receive insulin shots. I think that's worst case scenario though.

I'll keep you updated on how it goes tomorrow. I also plan on updating tonight with pictures from my brothers wedding over the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of a ton of girls who fail the 1 hr and pass the 3 hr. Hope this is the case for you!! GL!!

    ReplyDelete